Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2001 14:29:15 +0300
From:      "Sergey Matveychuk" <sem@ciam.ru>
To:        "Jonathan Lemon" <jlemon@flugsvamp.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: fxp half-duplex problemm

> It doesn't matter.  You can *NOT* mix NWAY/manual configuration reliably.
> Either _both_ ends of the link must be set to NWAY, or _both_ must be set
> manually.  Anything else "may, but is not guaranteed" to work, which is
> what you are seeing here.

I repeat again: all works fine when I'v back to old fxp driver.
This command turn off full-duplex:
ifconfig fxp0 media 100baseTX -mediaopt full-duplex

But it does not work with new fxp/mii driver for me.

> It appears that what you really want is the ability to do NWAY, but limit
> the negotiation to half-duplex.  This is possible, but doesn't fit into
our
> current ifmedia worldview.  If you want to give it a try, you can use
> rev 1.2 of dev/mii/inphy.c, which will perform limited NWAY configuration.

Whot does mean 'rev 1.2'? CVS revision? but inphy.c has this revision for
4.4-R:
$FreeBSD: src/sys/dev/mii/inphy.c,v 1.4.2.1 2001/05/13 00:16:08 jlemon Exp $

----
Sem.