Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:02:51 -0400
From:      beno <zope@2012.vi>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>,  freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Never Ask Questions On A Friday Afternoon

Max Laier wrote:
>> 22. directv_ip_addresses="69.19.0.0/17"
>> 23. shadday_ip_addresses=""
>> 24. ssh_ip_addresses="{" $shinjiru_ip_addresses $directv_ip_addresses
>> $shadday_ip_addresses "}"
>>
>> Here's what I get when I try to load it:
>> server167# pfctl -f /etc/pf.conf
>> /etc/pf.conf:24: syntax error
>> pfctl: Syntax error in config file: pf rules not loaded
>>

>> 16. tcp_ports= "{ 22 21 8021 7021 { 80 8080 7080 443 } 993 143 }"

Oh. Sorry. And I do see it in the archives. I obviously missed it in the
> Please stop bothering this list with
> plain stupid questions that can be answered with reading the BNF in
> pf.conf(5), a tad bit of Google, Y!, or wikipedia or simple human sense.

I have tried a lot. Missing answers on the list was my bad, I admit, but
I have tried googling, etc.
>> QUESTION #2
>> and it doesn't like the CIDR netmask in line 22. Someone suggested I
>> research the archives concerning the latter "where this known problem
>> was already discussed" but I found nothing. Would someone care to help
>> me with these problems now?
>>

> Daniel supplied the pointer to one (of several) threads on this matter
> above.

You must be referring to this URL:
Unfortunately, it doesn't load, so that's not of any use.
Again, I'd like to know how to deal with CIDR blocks. I looked in the
documentation to see if I could somehow use other notation, such as
"netmask", but apparently I can't.

Also, if anyone paid for this software, they should ask for a refund,
because it's free ;) But I didn't pay for it, so I won't be asking for a
refund.
TIA,
beno