Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 15:44:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sean-Paul Rees <sean@dreamfire.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   xntpd isn't syncing, or passing any messages

I'm trying to sync time with a ntp server, so I can inturn sync my PC's in
my network. xntpd is just not syncing. Is there a special kernel option I
need? xntpd isn't putting messages in my systemlog.

My network is unroutable, and my system has two interfaces (the other to
a routable network), and does routing between the two. The default route
is outside the network though.

Any ideas?

OS:
FreeBSD valiant.dreamfire.net 3.1-STABLE FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE #5: Sat Mar 13
19:05:06 PST 1999
root@valiant.dreamfire.net:/usr/src/sys/compile/VALIANT  i386

Process:
root    4734  0.0  0.9  1048  528  ??  S<s  19Mar99   1:31.38 xntpd

/etc/ntp.conf:
server clepsydra.dec.com prefer
server time.apple.com

enable monitor