Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 2010 07:03:16 -0400
From:      Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cleaned out /usr/local when reinstalling ports, now keyboard in X is not localized

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:38:57 +0200
Bernt Hansson <bernt@bah.homeip.net> articulated:

> 2010-08-31 10:29, Leslie Jensen skrev:
> >

> > On 2010-08-30 21:02, Bernt Hansson wrote:
> >> Put this in your .xinitrc
> >> setxkbmap se
> >>

> > Thanks for the suggestion!
> >
> > I wonder, is this metod the correct way.
>
> I think so, as long X is concerned.
>
>  > According to the handbook one
> > should use the
> >
> > /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/x11-input.fdi file.
>
> There are no *.fdi files on this machine, and I don't
> feel like fiddling with hal.

No one in their right mind likes messing with hal.

HAL is now (at least on other OSs) deprecated, since it has become a
large monolithic unmaintainable mess, and also duplicates a lot of
functionality which are nowadays provided by udev and the kernel itself.

Hopefully, FreeBSD will soon free itself from its clutches.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net

Take Care of the Molehills, and the Mountains Will Take Care of
Themselves.

	Motto of the Federal Civil Service