Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2012 06:40:50 +0100
From:      Zoran Kolic <zoran@uranus.mtveurope.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1 minimal ram requirement

> Guys, I've heard about some absurd RAM requirements
> for 9.1, has anybody tested it?

I prepared old laptop for something else and tried live cd
image out.
It took some time to load and I was surprised how slowly it
went. Laptop has 128 mb or ram and might be a bit old to
compare. I removed hdd and dmesg has shown nothing special.
Once booted, it often touched cd drive.
I didn't pay attention to ctl device. What could happen if
it is moved from kernel?
Btw, I write this from another account, since freebsd.org
made service unavailable:
 (reason: 550-5.7.1 Service unavailable; client [89.216.2.35] blocked using b
+.barracudacentral.org
Best regards

                             Zoran