Date:      Sat, 11 Jun 2016 13:14:38 +0200
From:      Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff <stdin@niklaas.eu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail's emails

--GlnCQLZWzqLRJED8

Grzegorz Junka [2016-06-11 11:10 +0000] :

> I have a couple of jails and every day I am receiving an email from each=
=20
> about the status of that jail. Then there are additional weekly emails=20
> and additional monthly email. It doesn't take much time to review and=20
> delete them all but I am wondering if there is any standard way of=20
> dealing with those emails in installations where there is many more=20
> jails than in my case? Would it be possible to receive a general email=20
> covering all jails (best if containing just deviations from the standard=
=20
> instead of all default and non-default information)?

What you can do to suppress masses of email but at least save the
messages in log files is adding the following to /etc/periodic.conf:

--8<-
    # saves daily output to file instead of mailing it
    # we still receive weekly and monthly via mail
    daily_output=3D"/var/log/daily.log"
    daily_status_security_output=3D"/var/log/daily.log"
-->8-

Nevertheless, I am also looking forward to other suggestions for how to
deal with status mails by jails.

    Niklaas

--GlnCQLZWzqLRJED8

--GlnCQLZWzqLRJED8--