Date:      Wed, 06 Mar 2002 12:46:07 +1100
From:      Michael Ross <satare@optusnet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems with shutting machine now

Hi,

I used portupgrade for the first time a few nights ago. I got through
doing a few
ports before having to shut the machine down. Now every time I issue
the halt
command I get the following message

Synching discs..

18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18 18

then something about giving up on the last two buffers

(apologies for not being specific, am currently at work away from the
machine)

Since I have never seen this before I was wondering if one of the
ports I upgraded could have broken it. I was going to try and finishing the
portupgrade -ra then do a buildworld (will be my first attempt at one) to correct it.

I was wondering though if anybody on the list had any other ideas?

thanks,

Michael Ross
satare@optusnet.com.au