Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2006 21:44:56 +0300
From:      Alex Lyashkov <shadow@psoft.net>
To:        Chris Jones <cdjones-freebsd-hackers@novusordo.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail-Aware Scheduling

=F7 =F7=D3=CB, 11.06.2006, =D7 08:51, Chris Jones =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
> Hi, folks --- as some of you might know, FreeBSD has a Summer of Code =20
> project to bring resource limits to jails, and one part of that is to =20
> permit an administrator to put limits on a jail's CPU usage.  That's =20
> where I come in: I'm the guy doing the project, and I've been =20
> spending the last two weeks coming up to speed on scheduling and the =20
> like.
>=20
> What I'd like from freebsd-hackers is the following:
>=20
>    - are there any good references on scheduling that you know of =20
> which I should read?  I've already got Design & Implementation of =20
> FreeBSD and the Petrou / Milford / Gibson and Waldspurger / Weihl =20
> papers on lottery scheduling.
>=20
>    - what're your thoughts on making the existing scheduler jail-=20
> aware as opposed to writing a sort of 'meta-scheduler' that would =20
> schedule between jails, and then delegate to a scheduler per jail =20
> (which could be very similar, if not identical, to the existing =20
> scheduler)?  I've got some very preliminary thoughts on this, but I'd =20
> like to hear what you've got to say, as I'm aware that this is =20
> rather ... complex.
>=20
> Thanks,
You are look in FreeBSD 4.x vimage project or linux projects (OpenVZ,
FreeVPS, Linux-VServer)?=20
other reference can be 'fair share scheduler' where groups equal jail.

--=20
FreeVPS Developers Team  http://www.freevps.com
Positive Software        http://www.psoft.net