Date:      Wed, 05 Dec 2001 10:01:31 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@freebsd-services.com>
To:        Greg Lane <gregory.lane@anu.edu.au>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        brian@freebsd.org, Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Jul 30 changes to ppp break my Telstra ADSL PPPoE connection]

Hi,

Thanks for your report.  Would you be able to grab me logs of the
connection that doesn't work (the latest ppp) and the one that works
(the pre-July 30 one) with the following set:

  set log tun chat lcp ipcp

It may be possible to fix the problem by changing your ``set mru''
and ``set mtu'' lines to

  set mru max 1454
  set mtu max 1454

but, even if this is successful, I'd be interested in the logs.

It may also be worth trying the latest version of ppp from my web
site (http://www.Awfulak.org/~brian) - just in case it's something
that I've already fixed but have forgotten to MFC.  If that's the
case, then I should be able to find the bogus code more easily.

Thanks.

Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>
      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !      <brian@[uk.]OpenBSD.org>