Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 09:54:35 PST
From:      "Roger M." <rogermartucc@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with X-Windows

I cannot install XFree86 properly. When I want to get out the system an
click on 'quit' option (regardless of the window manager I use - suppose
fvwm95), all the windows close, except the xterm one. So, I type 'exit'
on xterm, and the following error message appears on the screen:

"waiting for X server to shutdown connection to :0.0 broken (explicit
kill or server shutdown)
xterm: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server :0.0".

What does it mean? I tried to change the XF86Config file, but with no
success.

I´ve just installed XFree86 (R. 3.3.2. and 3.3.3) with other OS (Debian
and Red Hat) quite well, but I got this strange problem with FreeBSD
(both 3.0.0 and 2.2.8 snapshot releases).

Would it be a kernel configuration problem? How can I solve it?

I have a Trident GUI 9440 video card and Samsung SyncMaster3 monitor ,
with 2 MB RAM.

Awainting for a reply,

Thanks,

Roger M.