Date:      Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:28:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Samit Pal <samit@usa.ltindia.com>
Cc:        "newbies@FreeBSD.ORG" <newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Video Grabber Card

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Samit Pal wrote:

> Can anyone tell me which Video grabber card is available for FreeBsd
> 3.0.0. or which
> one you are using ?
> FreeBsd hardware document says it supports Metrox Meteor, but I came to
> know after talking with Metrox as of now they don't have support for
> FreeBsd.

It is unlikely that most hardware vendors would offer support for FreeBSD,
as it's typically the other way around -- FreeBSD offers support for their
products.  I'll bet it's the same with the Matrox Meteor.  Matrox will say
that they don't support it, but I'll bet that FreeBSD and/or XFree86
(whichever applieth) does.  What Matrox is saying is, "If our card works
in FreeBSD, that's great, but don't call us about your problems if it does
not."

In short, you don't need Matrox's support.  You only need the card and the
documentation you can find on the net.

  Kenneth J. Marsh             University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering