Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 2016 16:43:20 -0200
From:      "Marcus Cenzatti" <cenzatti@hush.com>
To:        "Adrian Chadd" <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>, "Pavel Odintsov" <pavel.odintsov@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, "Eduardo Meyer" <dudu.meyer@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: netmap design question - accessing netmap:X-n individual queues on FreeBSD

On 1/23/2016 at 1:31 PM, "Adrian Chadd" <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> wrote:

>For random src/dst ports and IPs and on the chelsio t5 40gig
>hardware,
>I was getting what, uhm, 40mil tx pps and around 25ish mil rx pps?
>
>The chelsio rx path really wants to be coalescing rx buffers, which
>the netmap API currently doesn't support. I've no idea if luigi has
>plans to add that. So, it has the hilarious side effect of "adding
>more RX queues" translates to "drops in RX performance." :(
>
>Thanks,

hello,

I am sorry, are you saying intel and chelsio distribute RX packet load differently? If I am not mistaken intel will distributed traffic among queues based on ip addresses flow/hashes/whatever, does chelsio make it per packet or somethig other?

how does this behavior you noticed could affect single queue (or applications on netmap:if0 and not netmap:if0-n) on chelsio?

thanks