Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 07:21:32 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree 3.3 and my Wincast problems.. GOOD NEWS

Bernie Doehner:
 |I just upgraded to 3.3, and also changed from the S3V to the SVGA server
 |(because it supports acceleration for S3 Virge cards, of which my Stealth
 |3D 2000 clone is one).
 |
 |Result: I can now run fxtv in Ximage and regular modes. No more lost IDE
 |interrupts.  Also, contrast is a lot better now with fxtv (with XFree 3.2A

That is good news.  I need to pull it myself and verify the fixes for the
DGA & VidMode bugs I reported made it in as the XFree folks said.  Then
I'll roll them into fxtv.

BTW, the high CPU utilization with direct video in fxtv should be gone in
the next version, which I think was another one you reported.  The trick is
not to use an Xt WorkProc but to do everything with timers; Xt just burns
down the CPU calling the WorkProc if one is registered.  I just need to
spend some more time optimizing and beating a few more bugs of this
version.

Randall