Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 23:42:37 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Cc:        fenner@parc.xerox.com (Bill Fenner), kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re: getopt(1) man page woodoo

As Bill Fenner wrote:

> I can't get FreeBSD's nroff -man to print bold dashes at all;
>
> .B --
> .B \-\-
> .B \&-\&-
> .B \& --
>
> all produce nothing.

I've also noticed it now.  Anyway, the .B's are ugly anyway (and i
think mdoc(5) mentions that only very few direct troff requests are
safe inside the mdoc package).  I've replaced them by .Ql's which
makes their emphasize much clearer.

The getopt(1) man page suffered from some other idiosyncrasies, e.g.
the usage of .Op where it should have been .Ar or .Fl.

--
cheers, J"org