Date:      Wed, 30 May 2012 22:06:02 +0300
From:      Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>
To:        David Chisnall <theraven@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why Are You Using FreeBSD?

David Chisnall <theraven@freebsd.org> wrote:
> If you had
> to list the three things you most like about FreeBSD, which would you pick?

1. Large number of ports, including obscure programs other package
system don't have.
2. Relatively straightforward system configuration (i.e. rc.conf), as
opposed to options scattered across multiple files and tools.
3. Port options. I don't want to run HAL and friends for example; on
FreeBSD I can skip them.

Why don't you ask about top 3 things we hate about FreeBSD?
Listing negative sides in advocacy materials would be a refreshing change.

> Are they the same as when you first started using it?

Nope. It was mostly blind chance.