Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:58:37 +1000
From:      Jerahmy Pocott <quakenet1@optusnet.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   DVD-RW doesn't write

Hello all,

I'v been trying to get this dvd burner to burn, but there seems to be
something wrong with the driver for the controller or the drive..

On boot it is detected as:
acd0: DMA limited to UDMA33, controller found non-ATA66 cable
acd0: DVDR <ATAPI DVD A DH20A4P/9P57> at ata0-master UDMA33

It is connected to:
atapci0: <Intel ICH6 UDMA100 controller> port
0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6,0x170-0x177,0x376,0xffa0-0xffaf irq 16 at device
31.1 on pci0
ata0: <ATA channel 0> on atapci0
ata1: <ATA channel 1> on atapci0

The message that the controller found a non-ata66 cable is an error,
the cable is most certainly ata66 compatible and I'v switched it out
to make sure it wasn't faulty..

The drive is able to mount and read cds/dvds fine, but on trying to
use burncd it says:
acd0: FAILURE - READ_TRACK_INFO ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00

Any further attempts produce the above message with no delay to read
from the drive, resetting the ata0 channel makes it check the drive
again before producing the message.

On loading atapicam module it says:
acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRY ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00

So I wasn't able to try cdrecord with it..

I also dropped it back ti PIO4 mode in case there was a DMA issue, but
I had the same results in PIO.

Any more ideas?
J.