Date:      Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:00:34 -0500
From:      Denny Reiter <denny@reiters.org>
To:        Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need a new mail server

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 09:42:12AM -0400, Mathew Kanner wrote:
> Hi All,
> 	I just got the word that I about to loose my e-mail access.
> I'm desperately looking for a replacement.  I'm willing to spend a
> little money if I have to (but then they have to be reputable).
>
> 	My ideal has:
> 	- Ssh shell access
> 	- Mutt inside a screen session
> 	- procmail or some other sorting agent/filter
>
> 	The last time I looked, gmail wasn't right for me because I
> couldn't sort the freebsd lists into folders.
> 	Anybody have any suggestions?

This might be helpful with the gmail account:

http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/postfix_tutorial.html

That way you can fetch down your mail locally, send it through
procmail, and read it in Mutt.  Though if you don't have outside
access to your local machine, you'd lose the "read anywhere"
advantage.

--
Denny Reiter                               denny@reiters.org