Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2012 12:41:41 -0700
From:      Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is there any modern alternative to pstack?

I look at seemingly abandoned sysutils/pstack, last modified upstream
2002-11-27.
It doesn't really work on 9.0 i386, prints some errors.

It's functions, though, is quite desirable if one wants to understand
why some multithreaded program hangs or is not responsive.
Since there were no updates, I wonder, is this because there is some
alternative in FreeBSD that I don't know about, or it is primarily due
to the lack of interest/resources?

I don't take gdb as alternative since it is not single line, and also it
has some threading issues of its own.

Yuri