Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 09:57:01 -0400
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        Nora Etukudo <nora@sappho-net.de>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: sparc?

On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 03:49:10PM +0200, Nora Etukudo wrote:
> This might be very offtopic.
>
> Every now and than I see commit messages from the cvs-all list, which
> belong to files with '/src/sys/sparc64/' in their path. Does this mean,
> it's possible to install FreeBSD on an 'UltraSparc 5'?
>
> (I don't have experience with systems other than Intel based ones, but I
> would like to see an unused U5 with FreeBSD here. :-))

For better information, you could ask on freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org,
but from what I've heard, it's a work in progress at this point.  It's
closing in on single user mode though, so at some point in the near
future you will be able to install FreeBSD on your UltraSparc.

--
garrett rooney                     Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net       doing stupid things, because that would