Date:      Sun, 8 Apr 2001 02:10:44 -0500
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        Graywane <graywane@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: burncd audio problems

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001 at 10:34:57PM -0400, Graywane wrote:
> I am having no problems writing data CD's with /usr/sbin/burncd on my ATAPI
> PLEXTOR CD-R PX-W1210A. However, I can't seem to write a good audio CD.
> Using cdda2wav I can get descent wav files but extracting in raw format and
> then burning to the CD results in garbage.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Welcome to the club. I don't think you are doing anything wrong, I have
the same error. When i attempt to burn audio CDs, it tell me it is
writing -1 of XXXXX bytes, and quits. The problem is not in the data
stream, because burning a data CD using the same WAV file works just
fine.

I'm not sure where the problem is. I used to burn audio CDs with Linux's
ide-scsi emulation layer and cdrecord, with no problems.

Now, though, I don't really care, because I got an MP3-playing car
stereo... all my "audio" CDs are just 650M worth of MP3s piled onto an
ISO-9660 CD (iso-level 2, for longer filenames). :)

I think for now, we are dead out of luck. I have worked around my
problem by eliminating the need for audio CDs... you might have to
dual-boot Linux or Windows.

--
Andrew Hesford
ajh3@chmod.ath.cx