Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:18:58 +0100
From:      Konstantin Chuguev <Konstantin.Chuguev@dante.org.uk>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        Vladimir Terziev <vlady@rila.bg>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: secure Filesystem

Josef Karthauser wrote:

> >    Does FreeBSD support any type of secure (encrypted) filesystem?
>
> Look at /usr/ports/security/cfs.  It's a useland crypto-filesystem that
> runs over NFS.

I'd say, it's a daemon pretending to be an NFS server. It's running locally
on port other than NFS.

Very nice implementation, I use it a lot. A small problem with it is that
it seems to support 7-bit file names only.

--
         * *       Konstantin Chuguev           Francis House
      *      *     Application Engineer         112 Hills Road