Date:      Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:44:22 +0100
From:      "J. Martin Petersen" <jmp+lists@alvorlig.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        Travis Mikalson <bofh@terranova.net>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmid?=, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?t?= <sos@deepcore.dk>
Subject:   Re: ServerWorks/Broadcom HT1000 chipset errata saga

Travis Mikalson wrote:
> As far as I can tell, Søren has the HT1000 problems worked out, or at
> least worked around. (If the chipset doesn't do that correctly, stop
> doing that...)
>
 >[snip]
 >
> See attached patch, *please* test for RELENG_7 and report back here so
> re@ can feel a lot more warm and fuzzy about including this in RELENG_7
> before 7.0-RELEASE occurs.

I have tested this with the scenarios that failed previously (with 6.2
as well as vanilla 7.0-BETA4) and it works! Good work, Søren, and thanks
Travis!

> It would be fantastic if 7.0-RELEASE worked right out of the box for
> people using HT1000-based motherboards.

I second that. Please include it into 7.0-RELEASE, as that would make it
usable on off-the-shelve HP ProLiant servers instead of "silently"
corrupting everything.

Martin