Date:      Sat, 8 Aug 1998 13:15:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, jseger@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Patch for Apache 1.2.6 (fwd)

Here is a patch for the www/apache12 port which applies a band-aid
to the situation recently discussed on BUGTRAQ.  Apache will probably
release a fixed version of 1.2 soon.

Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>
Founder and Chief Engineer, The OverNet Network
I eat Penguins for breakfast.

*** http_protocol.c
--- http_protocol.c     Fri Aug  7 21:37:19 1998
***************
*** 668,679 ****
--- 668,683 ----
      int len;
      char *value;
      char field[MAX_STRING_LEN];
+     int nheaders=0;

      /* Read header lines until we get the empty separator line,
       * a read error, the connection closes (EOF), or we timeout.
       * Should we also check for overflow (len == MAX_STRING_LEN-1)?
       */
      while ((len = getline(field, MAX_STRING_LEN, c->client, 1)) > 0) {
+
+       if (++nheaders >= 100)
+           continue;

          if (!(value = strchr(field,':')))     /* Find the colon separator */
              continue;                         /*  or should puke 400 here */