Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:15:09 +0100
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hme(4) broken on non-sparc64 systems in -current

As Pyun YongHyeon wrote:

> How about backing out rev. 1.46(if_hme.c)?

> For the same patch sent to bard@OpenBSD I got a positive report
> so it's strange to me though.(brad@OpenBSD reported Rx checksum
> offload breakage on little endian systems.)

Yes, backing that out helps.  I'm not sure what this change was trying
to fix.  I've noticed before that tools like ethereal reported the
checksum as invalid but the traffic itself was unaffected.  Anyway, as
it was now, the traffic was blocked, so perhaps there's more than one
spot where this needs to be fixed?

I'll look a bit further into it tonight.  Thanks!