Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 22:40:18 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        mhpower@mit.edu
Cc:        bradley@dunn.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Telnetd problem?

In message <199705012253.SAA06953@charon.MIT.EDU> mhpower@mit.edu writes:
: The code is also inside "#if defined(LOGIN_R)" "#endif", as it is in
: many other variants of this telnetd. I haven't personally seen any
: environments in which LOGIN_R is defined at build time, and I suspect
: it's not normally defined on FreeBSD systems. There may be some systems
: where LOGIN_R is defined, but I think typically the code is not
: actually problematic as a consequence of it not actually being compiled.

I can't find any either.  However, my paranoia is such that I've gone
ahead and fixed it locally which means it will eventually make it into
the tree.  Since I get identical .o files before and after, I don't
think that it is a big deal.

Warner