Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 1997 19:35:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        "Mark S. Velasquez" <msv@arisia.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems compiling Sendmail 8.8.5

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Mark S. Velasquez wrote:
> I've been trying to install Sendmail 8.8.5(yes I know, I'm running behind
> schedule), and get the following errors( this is on FreeBSD 2.1.5<slap>,
> yeah I know, I should upgrade, with bind 4.9.5):
>
> conf.o: Undefined symbol `_setproctitle' referenced from text segment

I did this on a 2.1.5R system a while back.  No problems.
The missing setproctitle suggest to me that you did *not* use
makesendmail to build it.  The Makefile "generated" on mine
includes -lutil which contains this.

Try again, make sure you use makesendmail.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com