Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:46:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
To:        peter@spinner.dialix.com.au (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, smp@csn.net, lars@fredriks-1.pr.mcs.net, smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP kernel hung...more info

> > Here is a portion of my mptable output.  It appears that my system also has
> > an "interesting" mptable.  It is a Supermicro P6DNF.  Does this mean that
> > we might have to write some interrupt routing code???????
> >

> > I/O Ints:	Type	Polarity    Trigger	Bus ID	 IRQ	APIC ID	INT#
> > 		INT	 conforms    conforms	     1	  15	      2	  20
> > 		INT	active-lo       level	     0	18:A	      2	  17
> > 		INT	active-lo       level	     0	20:A	      2	  18
> > 		INT	active-lo       level	     0	19:A	      2	  18
> > 		INT	active-lo       level	     0	20:A	      2	  19
> > 		INT	active-lo       level	     0	19:A	      2	  19
> > 		SMI	 conforms    conforms	     1	   0	      2	  23
> >

> > John
>
> Umm, I don't see why this should suddenly be a problem _now_..  Nothing
> significant has changed in that part of the code over the last few days,
> except for brute-force substitutions of code constructs..  There should be
> no real difference in the handling of the routing etc, unless I've made a
> typo.. :-(
>
> Hmm.. The only other thing that has changed that I can think of that might
> affect this is the ordering of mptable parsing phases is different..  Some
> routines are called earlier, some later.    Hmm, and then there's the PCI
> shared interrupt code too, but that is a few weeks old now.

The code as of 21-JUN works fine, but after the latest bunch of SMP commits,
the system hangs upon startup right during the NCR SCSI probes, very very
early on.

I am trying to figure things out, if you don't first -- I want to get this
code working so that I can make some upper level VM system changes. :-).

John