Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 15:47:51 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        vanilla@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   glib12/gtk12 ports

Looking at these ports' patch files I noticed that the patches present
are very old and don't actually seem to be relevant to the ported
version in question.

I mean, some patches offsets are off by 5000 lines, try to fix things
which shouldn't be fixed (like poll checking, which is present in
current autoconf scripts) or insert things which are present in the
newer configure scripts.

I shall be reworking the patches unless you give me a sign not to, but I
am not happy about this patches dir's bitrot.  It reeks of bad practice.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven/Asmodai           asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl]
Documentation nutter.          *BSD: Technical excellence at its best...