Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:52:05 +0100
From:      Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Subject:   [Fwd: [HEADSUP][CFT] pkgng beta1 is out]

>having a real sat solver for the dependency tree.  Currently we have a
>really simple and minimalistic solver which works well but if we can to =
go
>to an even finer package management we would need a real solver.

Please may you expand on what you really mean here? I was under the =
impression
that the only problem was to provide a total order on ports compatible =
to the
partial order fixed by dependency, and this is very easy. There is for =
example one
routine to do that in portupgrade. Or do you have something more =
sophisticated in mind?

--

Michel Talon
talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr