Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 09:49:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is there a real live actual working deluser script?

On Wed, 3 Jul 1996, Jaye Mathisen wrote:

> Even if it's rudimentary?  I did a search on -hackers, and there's lots of
> talk about it, and about how complicated it would be, and on and on, but
> no actual script, and I don't see a port or a package.

My latest version of removeuser is at

ftp://ftp.dsu.edu/pub/FreeBSD/ghelmer/removeuser-2-beta.tar.gz

Improvements include:

 Removes user's crontab and at jobs
 No longer requires h2ph'ed versions of several files in
    /usr/include/machine - just install and use
 Uses "rm -rf" to remove user's home directory instead of removing
    it by hand (therefore avoids problems with uchg flag)
 Catches most non-fatal errors and issues warnings
 Maintains ownership and privileges of /etc/group after modification

This code is new and should be treated as such - please test it out and
let me know if you find any problems.

Thanks,
Guy Helmer

Guy Helmer, Dakota State University Computing Services - ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu