Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 1995 14:04:28 -0500
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Aaron Harcrow <g506181@aurora.lasc.lockheed.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   CDROM configuration

NB: Don't multi-post across the FreeBSD mailing-lists.  It just
irritates the people who receive more than one.

<<On Fri, 17 Mar 95 12:11:45 CST, Aaron Harcrow <g506181@aurora.lasc.lockheed.com> said:

> from the Walnut Creek CDROM. I have installed the basic kernel and can boot
> from it, but the kernel does not find my CDROM drive. This drive is a rather
> obscure one : a Genstar 2000 by Genesis Integrated Systems. The interface card
> is probably proprietary but is ISO 9660 compliant.

ISO 9660 is a standard for the format of the data on the CD-ROM; it
has nothing to do with the interface of the drive.

Unless your drive is compatible with one of the supported drives (like
Mitsumi), FreeBSD can't access it.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.