Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 07:33:22 -0500
From:      mh <mheyes@concentric.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gnome2

I hope this is the correct list to post this question. I have gnome-1.4
installed, FreeBSD 4.6, and want to upgrade to gnome2 to help test it. I
understand that both can't be installed at the same time.

I've searched  for the correct way to deinstall gnome-1.4 and install
gnome2 and found three methods: pkg_delete -r scrollkeeper\*, pkg_delete
-r ORBit*, and in the Makefile for the gnome2 meta-package it tells
which files to deinstall. But the gnome2 package won't build.

I would prefer to not deinstall mozilla or anyother large ports unless
it's absolutely necessary. Ports are updatednightly.

What's the best way to deinstall gnome1.4 and install gnome2? Thanks,

Michael Heyes