Date:      Thu, 25 May 1995 22:43:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Scott Mace <smace@crash.ops.neosoft.com>
To:        dawes@physics.usyd.edu.au (David Dawes)
Cc:        smace@metal.neosoft.com, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: weirdness with S3 server.

> >I'm running Xfree 3.1.1 + late patches, and whenever I try to use any
> >Tk stuff the mouse is totally non-functional within the tk window, also
> >ctrl-right mouse button
> >doesn't pull up menus in xterm.
> >
> >If I run the SVGA server on my old et4K card, it works fine.
>
> This "problem" should show up with any of the XFree86 3.1.1 servers
> (providing you don't have ServerNumLock set in your XF86Config).  Try
> turning NumLock off.  We'll probably turn turn it off by default when
> the server starts in 3.1.2.  At the moment, the startup state of the
> lock keys matches the state they were in for the VT the server runs
> on.

Yep, numlock did it...  :-)

I can't tell yall how much hair I pulled out trying to get this working :-)))
and then it was something this simple.

Now I can use all my favorite mbone tools.
Hey, and anyone on the MBONE, check out the Rock N Roll Barbecue that
neosoft will be transmitting this next Sunday.  Its going to cool.

	Scott