Date:      Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:11:46 +0100
From:      Oliver Lehmann <lehmann@ans-netz.de>
To:        Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATI HD5850 support?

Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19446
>
> Modesetting works, digital outputs don't, and none of the code has been
> committed.  There is no timeframe yet, and you'd be stuck with the vesa
> driver till modesetting is committed.

Ok, since it is hard right now to get a HD5850 anyway I guess I have to
wait until at least digital output is working (digital out and dual
monitor support i need at least).
Is there a place where I could "monitor" if the drivers gets updated with
rv8xx support?

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-radeonhd

There? Or would it be a "patchset" at first anyway so it won't pop up
there?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/