Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:50:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "Hartmann, O." <ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MAKEDEV 4.4-STABLE still offering problems

MAKEDEV still offers problems on our Intel based SMP machines. We
did
a cvsupdate today (18th Sept. 2001), did a mergemaster again, copied manually
MAKEDEV from the source tree to the appropriate location, compiled a kernel,
did a reboot, then did a MAKEDEV all in ./dev.
MAKEDEV results in a weird error (arith ...) and shows up srange symbols
within the xterm. This happens on all Intel machines but not on our AMD based
UP machine (and this seems to be strange ...).

I saw a lot of postings here but with no appropriate solution. What is wrong?
Please help.

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)