Date:      Tue, 15 May 2012 15:29:00 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
To:        freebsd-office@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LO & OO need conflicting libexttextcat/libtextcat ports

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

On 2012-May-15 08:30:27 +1000, Peter Jeremy <peter@server.rulingia.com> wro=
te:
>Currently, LibreOffice requires libexttextcat and OpenOffice requires
>libtextcat.  Unfortunately, both libexttextcat and libtextcat conflict
>because both install (the undocumented) /usr/local/bin/createfp but
>otherwise install different files (so libexttextcat isn't a dropin
>replacement for libtextcat).  I've had a very quick look inside OO and
>it doesn't look trivial to make it use libexttextcat.

As an experiment, I tried symlinking /usr/local/lib/libexttextcat.*
to libtextcat.=3D and /usr/local/include/libexttextcat to libtextcat
and built OO.  I've tried opening a couple of different types of files
and it seems to work so this might be an option.  I'll try and come
up with a proper patch to textproc/libexttextcat to bring it closer
to a dropin replacement to textproc/libtextcat.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j

--nFreZHaLTZJo0R7j--