Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 1995 12:20:24 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        "matthew c. mead" <mmead@goof.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2940

>    Are there problems with the adaptec 2940 driver in current?  I can't get i
>to work properly with a P5-90, 32M ram, Mach 64 PCI card and a PCI Adaptec 294
>0
>SCSI controller.

There may be some problems with a race condition during probe.  This is
something I'm working on right now.  It seems that, although the driver
is told to poll for its interrupts, interrupts are not masked, and the
driver gets totally confused when it polls and finds an interrupt waiting,
but finds the SCB that caused the condition to be gone (handled by the
interrupt handler in response to the unmasked interrupt).  My quick hack
is to not register the card's interrupt handler until after we attach all
scsi devices, but I still run into problems when attempting to share
interrupts between two controllers.  I'll post to the list once I get
something more robust working.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1