Date:      Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:32:28 +0200 (EET)
From:      Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   vlan(4)/bridge(4) interaction ?

Hi,

  I recently made a test bridging a few VLAN interfaces under FreeBSD
5.2-REL and ran into some unexpected issue: some packets coming from one
vlan inteface with destination MAC on another vlan would pass in the
parent VLAN interface, but didn't make it into the child vlan interface,
as seen by tcpdump'ing on both of them. Like the packet was eaten before
it made it into the child vlan interface. Activating the debug code
shows that neither the bridge fordwarding routine wasn't catching the
packets.

  All vlans were child of the same parent interface (a RealTek) and they
were all configuren in the same bridge cluster. Either with configured
IPs or without (just up'ed the intefaces).

  I might have botched the interfaces by mutiple reconfigurations, but I
just would like to know if other people had success with bridged VLAN
interfaces (yes, it sounds a bit weird if you think of it :) ).

--
Adrian Penisoara
Ady (@freebsd,ady.ro)