Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:59:27 +0400
From:      Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
To:        Adam Retter <adam@adamretter.eclipse.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port for eXist (Java) with no build step

--Sig_ddBL/foLtuxmqid2rKGyhKk

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:00:24 +0100
Adam Retter <adam@adamretter.eclipse.co.uk> mentioned:

>=20
> Hello chaps,
>=20
> I am tying to create a port for the eXist XML Native Database, when you
> download eXist it comes as an izPack installer jar file. I have created
> a Makefile for my port which correctly downloads the jar
> into /usr/ports/distfiles and requires diablo jdk 1.5.
>=20
> Now what I want to do in my Makefile is skip the build step and run the
> following command -
>=20
> java
> -jar /usr/ports/distfiles/{$PORTNAME}-{$PORTVERSION}.{EXTRACT_SUFFIX}
> org.exist.izpack.CommandLineInstaller -p /usr/local/eXist
>=20
> Which will install eXist into /usr/local/eXist. The eXist distribution
> includes both a compiled ready to run version and the src files.
>=20
> So how can I skip the build step and run that command to install the
> distribution.

You can define NO_BUILD=3Dyes in makefile and use do-install target
with command mentioned.

>=20
> Also im wondering on the best way to generate either a static or dynamic
> pkg-list for this type of deployment?
>=20

I don't know is there any policy for pkg-plists, I prefer static ones
whenever possible.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581