Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 20:00:52 -0400
From:      Michael Sharp <mds@ec.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   No Authentication / qmail / vpopmail / sqwebmail

I installed qmail, qmailadmin, sqwebmail, vpopmail, ucspi-tcp,
daemontools, ezmlm, and checkpassword from ports ( fresh cvsup, so I
have the latest ), disabled sendmail/enabled qmail and copied
/var/qmail/boot/maildir to /var/qmail/rc and I still cant get
smtpd/pop3d to start.

I then started the smtpd and pop3d as stated in /var/qmail/doc/FAQ

 smtp = tcpserver -u 82 -g 81 0 smtp /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd &
 pop3d = tcpserver 0 pop3 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup MYDOMAIN
/usr/local/vpopmail/vchkpw \
                 /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir &

Both Daemons started successfully on their respective ports 25 and 110

All users will be checking mail via sqwebmail, so I ran:

./vadddomain MYDOMAIN
and
./vadduser USER

But sqwebmail isnt authenticating, I get invalid username/password for
USER.

Any thoughts to Fix my issue?

Thx, Michael