Date:      Tue, 08 May 2001 11:16:36 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        juha@saarinen.org
Subject:   RE: CFLAGS Optimization

> This is "well documented"? It doesn't say *why* optflags above -O are bad.

It doesn't really have to.  For the newbie user, all it matters is
that it instructs them not to do this.  It could also add "having the
compiler break your code is bad, mmmkay?" but I don't see how that
would be anything but a statement of the obvious.  For developers,
they're expected to play with the flags on a case-by-case basis since
only a developer is likely to know whether or not they're doing
something dangerous.  Can we just drop this already?  I think it
should be obvious to all concerned at this point that we're not
getting anywhere with this thread.  If you really want to change
things, get off your ass and start coding.

- Jordan