Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2012 20:29:00 +0000
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        freebsd-jail@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jail source address selection broken, patch for ping

On 9. Apr 2012, at 20:11 , Mark Felder wrote:

> On Mon, 09 Apr 2012 14:16:47 -0500, Juan F. D=EDaz y D=EDaz =
<jfd@mrecic.gov.ar> wrote:
>=20
>> Mark, you can just run a jail with the setfib utility so you don't =
need to modify all your scripts.
>=20
> I don't think anyone here is understanding the issue and forcing a =
routing table will not help.

yeah you would need a dedicated FIB per VLAN and then still have the =
problem that a single program like fping would try to reach a node in =
each VLAN and would have to switch FIBs in between and everything; that =
would require more patching of code.   It would be different if it was a =
VLAN per jail in which case you'd probably not have the problem in first =
place;)

/bz

--=20
   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!