Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:33:13 -0400
From:      "Peter Brezny" <peter@skyrunner.net>
To:        "Buki" <dev@null.cz>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: CERT Advisory CA-2002-18 OpenSSH Vulnerabilities in Challenge Response

Buki,

Thanks very much for asuaging my fears.

I looked through the security list archives for a little while looking for
some more on the subject, but didn't come up with anything definitive.

It would be really helpful for the security team to release an official
notice letting us know that we're not in deep dodo here.

It's particularly scarry when the advisories out there say there's a
problem, but it's hard to find specific examples of why it's not a problem
on freebsd.

If you have any direct refs you could point me to, that would be great.

I also need to update my knowledge of acronyms,...what's YMMV stand for?

Thanks again,

pb

Peter Brezny
Skyrunner.net