Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 02:17:51 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey <jhs@freebsd.org>" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange entries in /usr/src/Makefile

Hi Satoshi,
> Well, we got replies from two others, Jordan's "I prefer it nuked" and
> Julian's "nuke it if you want".  And we can still delete it with a
> group decision.

I believe I wrote `need' rather than `want' ?
ie if it was actively getting in your way, nuke it,
subsequent to that I was pleased to read Rod had fixed the problem you
originally raised.

I have disabled my personal usage of cascade make of src & then
ports lately, as the ports tree never compiles straight through - ever -
(this is no personal accusation BTW, I know you work V. hard on ports,
but it's a massive tree, & doesnt get the massed attention src does).

Perhaps we should worry less about the style issues of src/Makefile,
& more about getting a crontab driven twice (at least) per week make of ports,
with an automatic tail -30 typescript | mail ports	?

Julian S	jhs@freebsd.org