Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 1998 13:50:30 +1100 (EST)
From:      Shigetoh Kumagai <shigetoh@zip.com.au>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Console frozen when X-server exited

Greg,
Thank you for your reply!

I made it work by starting from one of telnet session from another
machine.

Well, everything works under X-Window, however when I close my X session,
the PC console is still locked. So I had to start X again from telnet. I
wish there are way or tool to refresh or reset the console so I do not
have to reboot soon.

I wonder how this resetting console should be done. Is there any place or
documentatoins I can look at?

BTW, I found kbd_mode(1) but not much effect on console itself(it's only
for keyboard, isn't it?).

Keyboard and screen works when
1) X is running
a) I can switch to console using ALT+CTL+1, then back to X session
pressing ALT+F4. However there is no login prompt or shell session visible
on console when pressing ALT+F1, ALT+F2 or ALT+F3, and no response to
keyboard in either virtual console.

------> Sail OZ
Shigetoh Kumagai