Date:      Thu, 17 May 2001 15:44:34 -0500
From:      "Jason Cowan" <jcowan@addtronics.net>
To:        <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipsec & ipfilter

I have ipsec tunnel working on freebsd 4.3 using private addresses for both
internal sides of the tunnel.  (192.168.1.0 & 192.168.2.0)  When I enable
ipfilter blocking 192.168.1.0 on the external interface the tunnel no longer
works.

Here's whats happening:

1.  I'm passing esp proto and udp port 500 on external interface so the
packets get through.

2.  Next, the packet gets blocked on external interface with destination
address of 192.168.1.120.  Why doesn't it switch the interface after it's
decrypted?

When I turn off ipfilter and am using tcpdump, it never shows the decrypted
packet on the external interface with the destination address of
192.168.1.120.

If I remove the one line in ipfilter that blocks 192.168.0.0/16 then it
begins working again.  Any suggestions?