Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 1997 07:22:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rick Lotoczky <rickl@ic.net>
To:        smp@csn.net
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   sio overflows

Hi Steve,

I tried the patch you sent and unfortunately it seemed to have little
effect.  I even tried increasing the size of TTYHOG to 4096 and had
essentially the same results.  To give a little more insight, the overflows
occur during disk access and when I swap virtual screens in X and FVWM.
My system has 2 IDE drives, used mainly for the system (wd0) and archive
storage (wd1). Also, /tmp is on wd0.  I have 3 SCSI drives, 1 for swap,
and the other two as working drives (/usr) and (/home).  The /home  drive
is my home directory with all the application temp files, etc. on it. The
serial ports are 16650 types (I have flags=0x200000 set on the sio config
line) with a 230K link to a Bitsurfer Pro.

Thanks for the help
Rick