Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:16:53 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@401.cx>
To:        Adam Martin <adamartin@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Party

Adam Martin wrote:
[snip]
>     Boy, between spam, sshd-bruteforce attempts, and tons of other
> stuff.... the 'net has become such an annoying place these days.  Every
> year this stuff seems to just get worse... *sigh*  All this net-trash
> gives me a headache.  What a waste of technology, resources, and bandwidth.

What bothers me is that all these probes, scans, spams etc still
succeeds in some cases, otherwise nobody would be doing them.
As long as people click on spamlinks and leave their systems open to
automated intrusion, we will have to live with this kind of behavior.
But, as you say, it is a damn waste.