Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2012 22:42:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Install shared objects into site-packages

I am using virtualenv --no-site-packages (the default now) to be able to
build an environment on both FreeBSD and Linux.  The issue I am running
into is that _sqlite3.so from databases/py-sqlite3 is being installed
into site-packages as opposed to lib-dynload.  On the CentOS we are
using, _sqlite3.so is installed in lib-dynload.

I tried a bit to change the port's setup.py, but I have not been
successful.  How can databases/py-sqlite3 and other ports that are
typically part of Python by default be made to install into lib-dynload?

These are the one that lang/python27 disables:
disabled_module_list = ["_bsddb", "_sqlite3", "_tkinter", "gdbm", "mpz"]

Thank you.

Sean
--
scf@FreeBSD.org