Date:      Wed, 31 Dec 2014 20:30:11 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CURRENT: Intel Haswell KMS support?

--Sig_/ajMg4e+crv_XkVnMy3fO9AG

Is there any chance that FreeBSD will see support for Intels HD4XXX graphic=
s built in
into Intel Haswell CPUs? New hardware, mostly laptops and also XEON E3-v3 C=
PUs are
excluded when they're supposed to be used with the integrated graphics with=
 FreeBSD.
Since more than a year FreeBSD lacks in support. I think it is illadvised t=
o think about
outdated hardware when it comes to the use of a certain OS like FreeBSD.

I've already switched a bunch of  Haswell-based notebooks to a Linux system=
 due to the
lack of iGPU support. It is ridiculous to purchase outdated hardware (IvyBr=
idge and less
or outdated graphics hardware).